NCB No. 7
Currently running as: BR 68007
Previous liveries at Bo’ness: WD 75254
Built by W. G. Bagnall Ltd in 1945 (Works No.2777).
Acquired from NCB Comrie Colliery Fife. This Engine may have been built/assembled for Bagnall by Andrew Barclay in Kilmarnock. This Engine returned to traffic after a major overhaul fitted with a Lempor type exhaust and in the livery applied when originally supplied to the MOD.
The locomotive now has its boiler removed due to a crack being found in the throat plate. This cannot be repaired with the boiler in the frames. The boiler is now being fully overhauled with the foundation ring removed and new extensions to the side wrappers, throat plate and back head being fitted. The smoke box is having some major refurbishment at the same time. The intention is of returning the locomotive to service with a new 10 year boiler ticket in 2020.
At Manuel, May 2016. Photos by Timothy Lockett
At Kinneil 30-07-2011 having just entered service. Photo by Alex Livingstone